A popular bistro-style restaurant, overlooking the River Lune under the same ownership as 'Quite Simply Food' (q.v. or Shop section) but not really as French as its title would suggest, but none the worse for that
They have a lobster holding tank so lobster lovers will probably make a B line for their lobster dishes.
But they also offer starters such as 'Grilled Green-lipped Mussels (or snails) stuffed with Garlic & Pernod Butter'; 'Sautéed Fricassée of Asparagus & Wild Mushroom Bruschetta topped with Mozzarella' and 'Char-grilled Rabbit Burger with Cherry Tomatoes & Cottage Cheeses'.
Perhaps to be followed by 'Braised Chicken Tagine'; 'Pan-fried Scallops & Lardons with Basil, Garlic & Tomato Salsa' and 'Roasted Pepper Stuffed with a Fricassée of Vegetables with a Goats Cheese & Tomato Sauce'.
Simple desserts might include 'White Chocolate Cheesecake with Raspberry Coulis'; 'Sticky Toffee Pudding with Toffee Sauce' and 'Almond Crème Brulée'.
At the time of writing February 2010 the restaurant is offering an Early Bird discount, between Tuesday & Saturday 18.00-18.30, when you can dine from the à la carte menu at half price! But telephone first to see if this is still current.
- Food Style: Bistro
- Lunch: Sun 12.00-14.00; set L £13.95 (2 courses)
- Dinner: all week, 18.00-21.30, set D £18.00-18.30 £18.95 (3 courses); mains £9.90 to £24.95 (see above)
- Wine: a concise list has modest mark-ups
- Nearest station: Lancaster
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page.
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: L Mon-Sat; check Christmas openings