Park your car or moor your punt, and enjoy a leisurely meal in the friendly surroundings of a converted boathouse on the River Cherwell.
As is luckily the norm these days, menus change with the seasons but an early summer snapshot brought 'Marinated line-caught Mackerel, Carrot & Ginger Broth with a Tempura of Crayfish'; 'Parma Ham Mousse, Watermelon Jelly and Pickled Cucumber'; 'Terrine of Foie Gras & Gloucester Old Spot' and 'Summer Vegetable Ravioli, Summer Squash Coulis & Parmesan Crisp' among the starters.
'Braised Ham Hock with White Bean Casserole & Whole Grain Mustard Sauce'; 'New Seasons Lamb with Purple Potatoes, Curly Kale, White Truffle Oil & Morel Jus'; 'Forest Mushrooms Lasagne, Mascarpone & Tarragon Mousse & Pumpkin Purée' and 'Coho Salmon, Crab-Stuffed Nori Seaweed with Sweet Potato & Pink Shrimp Butter' listed among the main courses.
If you still have room, desserts such as 'Lemon Meringue Pie, Lemon Pastry & Lemon Ice Cream'; 'Chocolate Sorbet Fondant, Honeycomb & Strawberry Ice Cream' or 'Banana Bavarois with Banana Ice Cream' might tempt you.
There's also a bar where you can relax with a drink and you can also hire punts; while as a location, eating outside in the summer, this is hard to beat.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.00 (Sat & Sun 14.00); set L from £13.75 (2 courses) to £17.75 (3 courses); mains about £12 to £20
- Dinner: all week 18.30-21.30 (Fri & Sat 22.00); set D £16.25 (1 course), £21.50 (2 courses), £26.75 (3 courses); mains about £12 to £20
- Seats: 65, plus about 40 outside
- Wine: a good list, with something for everyone, kicks off at around £16
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Oxford Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: 25th Dec to 30th Dec.
- Outside eating