Part of the excellent Royal Group. The style is Cantonese, with seafood and dim sum among the specialities, the latter (served until 17.00) possibly the best in London - although only a concise list is offered at this branch.
Seafood favourites include Steamed Sea Bass with Black Bean Sauce and Seafood Hotpot (Lobster is prepared in six different ways); the menu takes some studying - meat favourites include Hot and Spicy Veal and Chicken with Bean Curd, and Stewed Belly Pork with Vegetables.
Vegetarians have a tremendous selection of perfectly-cooked offerings. Service is efficient and generally more smiling than often than seen in some lesser Chinese establishments.
There are branches in Queensway (W2 4QJ) - possibly London's best dim sum; Baker St (W1M 7AB), Queen's Grove (NW8 6ER), and Canary Riverside (E14 8RR) - check these out on their web site.
- Food Style: Chinese
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-23.00, Sun 11.00-22.00; mains £8.60 to £11.50
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 12.00-23.00, Sun 11.00-22.00; mains £8.60 to £11.50
- Wine: a concise list kicks off at £18
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: check Christmas openings
- Air conditioned