An excellent brasserie catering for the well-heeled of the area (see below for a proviso). Clearly, it's partly decked-out like an old railway carriage.
The days opens with breakfast with the likes of 'Eggs Benedict', 'Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon'; 'Buttermilk Pancakes with Maple Syrup' - plus muesli, shakes & smoothies on offer.
An all day Brasserie menu kicks in at midday, which expands the options into burgers, macaroni cheese and top quality American steaks, while during the lunchtime and dinner services you can also try dishes such as 'Chicken Noodle Soup'; 'Crab Cake with Guacamole'; 'Chicken Liver & Foie Fras Mousse with Plums' and 'Steak Tartare' for a quick bite - perhaps 'Halibut Baked in Paper with Clams'; 'Rack of Lamb with Polenta & Zucchini' and 'Penne All'Arrabiata' for something more substantial.
American-style desserts include cheesecake, ice creams and the like.
The popularity of the operation has been its downfall for some, with reports of customers being hurried through their meals to make room for others - so avoid peak periods if at all possible, or be firm and remain unhurried!
- Food Style: American
- Lunch: all week 7.00-1.00; Breakfast 7.00-11.00; Lunch 12.00-15.00; mains £11 to £42; Dinner 18.00-23.00; mains £12 to £32; Brasserie Menu 12.00-1.00am
- Dinner: all week, Dinner 18.00-23.00; mains about £12 to £32; Brasserie Menu 12.00-1.00am
- Seats: 90
- Wine: an interesting list, travels the world, and kicks off in the low £20's
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Green Park Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Street parking - with difficulty
- Closed: check Christmas openings
- Air conditioned