An excellent restaurant on the ground floor of this luxury hotel. While the dining room itself, might lack atmosphere - the cooking of Theo Randall (ex. Chef at River Café) and the atmosphere created by happy diners makes up for this.
While the menu follows the seasons, as would be expected of a restaurant of this high standard, an early summer snapshot brought 'Pan-fried Squid with fresh Borlotti Beans, Chili, Anchovy, Parsley & chopped Rocket'; 'Carpaccio di Manzo - thinly sliced Aberdeen Angus fillet of beef, with rocket, pinenuts, Parmesan & balsamic vinegar'; 'Parma Ham with Charentais Melon' and 'Scottish Scallops with Braised Swiss Chard, Chili, Capers, Parsley & Lentils di Castelluccio' among the starters.
'Cappelletti di Vitello - pasta stuffed with slow-cooked veal & pancetta' and 'Risotto of Asparagus with Basil, Butter & Parmesan' among the Primi.
'Limousin Calves Kidneys with Pancetta, Lentils, Sage, Marsala, Crème Fraîche & Mashed Potato'; 'Rack of New Seasons Spring Lamb with wood-roasted Carrots & Beetroots, Roman Artichokes & Salsa D'Erbe' and 'Roasted Sea Bass with English Asparagus, Agretti, Olives, Datterini Tomatoes & Thyme listed among the main courses.
If you still have room, 'Amalfi Lemon Tart'; 'Soft Chocolate Cake with Mascarpone' or their selection of Italian cheeses might tempt you.
- Food Style: Italian
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.00-15.00, set L £27 (2 courses), £33 (3 courses); mains £27 to £38
- Dinner: Mon-Sat, set D (pre & post theatre only) £27 (2 courses), £33 (3 courses); mains £27 to £38; Tasting Menu £49
- Seats: 200
- Wine: a good list, with its roots firmly in Italy, kicks off in the mid £30's
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Hyde Park Underground
- Directions: see the map on this page
- Parking: Hyde Park Underground Car Park; plus Valet Parking by Arrangement
- Closed: L Sat, all Sun, check Christmas openings
- Air conditioned
- Rooms available