A bistro-style restaurant and wine bar - but a cut above the crowd, as the kitchen has made a real effort to combine top-quality ingredients with modern French-style dishes.
A summer menu brought 'Seared Fillet of Galloway Beef, marinated with Wasabi, Herbs & a Crunch Salad'; 'Quail & Foie Gras Terrine'; 'Snails Bourguignon' and 'Mousse of Green Beans, Preserved Cherry Tomatoes, Xeres Vinegar, Shallots & Thyme Dressing' among the starters.
'Fillet of Red Bream with Bok Choi, New Potatoes, Chorizo & Gazpacho'; 'Fillet of Herdwick Mutton, Courgette Flowers, Crushed Flageolet Beans & Red Pepper Consommé'; 'Breast of Guinea Fowl cooked in foil, Leg preserved in fat, Creamed Pearl Barley with Beetroot Jus' and 'Pan-fried Veal Cutlet, Salsify & Purple Artichoke, Shaved Summer Truffle & Glazed Jus' listed among the mains.
If you still have room, finish with the likes of 'Honey Iced Nougat with Pistachio Ice Cream'; 'Chocolate Fondant with Ginger Ice Cream' or 'Spiced Quince & Dry Raisin Crumble'
Lighter dishes are served in the wine bar.
- Food Style: Bistro
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-15.30, set L £16.50 (2 courses), £20.00 (3 courses)
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.00-23.00, set D £29.50 (2 courses), £35.00 (3 courses)
- Wine: a interesting list, based in the South of France, kicks off at £15
- Nearest station: Oxford Circus
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: L Sat, all Sun; some Bank Holidays