A rather unusual concept, based around mashed potato.
The idea is to choose your mash (made from Maris Piper's) either plain or in one of their flavoured varieties - perhaps Cheddar Cheese or Pesto. Then its accompaniment, ranging from a selection of sausages to various pies including 'Aberdeen Angus Steak', 'Lamb & Rosemary' and 'Fish'. Then a gravy - perhaps Red Wine or East End Parsley Liquor.
They also offer side dishes such as mushy peas and salads. Main course Salads, such as Caesar are also listed.
A few puddings include 'Sticky Toffee' and 'Gingerbread'.
Early morning breakfasts range from Toast & Jam through freshly baked pastries, organic Porridge and Full English Breakfast.
A local delivery service operates.
- Food Style: Cafes & Tea Rooms - The Best
- Lunch: all week 8.30-till late; British Breakfast £7.45; mains from £9.25
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 8.30-22.00, Sun 12.00-19.00; mains from £9.25
- Wine: a short list starts at about £18
- Nearest station: Oxford Circus Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: check Christmas openings