An excellent eaterie, if you’re just after a quick bite.
You choose food from the counter, ranging from Quiches to Salads & perhaps Shepherd’s Pie.
More elaborate meals are offered in The National Café, under the same ownership.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: all week 10.00-17.00 (Fri 21.00), mains about £9 to £13; Afternoon Tea 14.30-16.30 Cream Tea from £6.50 to £22.50
- Seats: 100
- Wine: a good list, with its roots in France, has fair mark-ups
- Children's portions: Yes, plus Children's Menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Charing Cross Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: check Gallery seasonal opening times
- Air conditioned