A comfortable conservatory-style restaurant approached through the Zander Bar.
The kitchen offers a modern brasserie-style menu with starters such as 'Salt & Pepper Squid with Ginger & Spring Onions'; 'Herb-Roasted Scallops with Crisp Pork Belly & Apple'; 'Baked Mushrooms with Goats' Cheese & Caponata'; Crispy Duck Spring Rolls with a Plum & Pineapple Dipping Sauce; and 'Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup' set the style.
Perhaps to be followed by the likes of 'Szechuan-peppered Tuna with wok-fried Asian Greens'; 'Smoked Haddock & Leek Risotto, Lightly Poached Free-range Egg'; 'Fish & Chips, Mushy Peas, Tartare Sauce & Lemon' and Roast Lamb Cutlets with a Fondant Potato, Baby Carrots, Peas, Broad Beans & Mint'. There are also top-quality steaks and suchlike for plain eaters.
Desserts are tempting, with perhaps 'Chocolate Fudge Pudding with Vanilla Ice Cream'; 'Vanilla Crème Brulée with Lemon Shortbread'; 'Sticky Toffee Pudding with Butterscotch Sauce' and 'Baked New York-style Cheesecake with Blueberry compote on offer.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.00-23.00; mains about £14 to £46; set L all week 12.00-18.00 £13.95 (1 course), £19.95 (2 courses), £27.50 (3 courses)
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 12.00-23.00, Sat 17.30-23.00; mains about £14 to £46; set D all week 12.00-18.00 £13.95 (1 course), £19.95 (2 courses), £27.50 (3 courses)
- Seats: 230
- Wine: a good list kicks off at around the £20 mark, but rises steadily after this South African introduction
- Children's portions: Children;s Menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: St James's Park Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: L Sat, all Sun
- Air conditioned