A bistro-type restaurant serving carefully cooked seasonal dishes, in a buzzy, fun atmosphere.
A summer snapshot of their menu brought 'Potted Shrimps with Lemon, Rocket Salad & Toasted Sunflower Bread'; 'Smoked Duck, Roasted Artichoke Hearts, Red Chard & Baby Spinach with a Hazelnut & Orange Dressing'; 'Crispy Lamb, New Potato & Red Onion Salad with Mint & Shallot Dressing' and 'Deep-fried Brie with Dressed Leaves, Red Pepper & Red Onion Chutney' among the starters.
'Spinach Risotto with Crumbled Goats' Cheese & Toasted Pine Nuts'; 'Grilled Fillets of Sea Bass, Asparagus, Buttered Jersey Royals, Lemon & Hollandaise'; 'Rare-Breed Belly Pork, Puy Lentils, Green Beans & Rosemary Jus'; 'Roast Rump of Lamb with Pea, Broad Bean & Smoked Bacon Fricassée' and a selection of grills - listed among the main courses.
If you still have room, you might be tempted by 'Sticky Toffee Pudding with Caramel Sauce & Vanilla Ice Cream'; 'White Chocolate & Coconut with Caramelised Pineapple'; 'Peach Tart Tatin with Maple Syrup Ice Cream' or theit selection of farmhouse cheeses.
- Food Style: Bistro
- Lunch: Mon-Sat, 12.00-14.30, set L £11.95 (2 courses), mains £8.95 to £22.50
- Dinner: all week, 18.00-21.30 (Fri & Sat 22.00); set D Mon-Thurs £19.95 incl. wine), Fri & Sat between 18.00-19.00 £19.95 incl. wine; mains £8.95 to £22.50
- Seats: 85
- Wine: an interesting list kicks off at £13.90
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Closed: all Sun, 10 days from Boxing Day, Bank Holiday Mondays
- Air conditioned