« back to restaurants search results
Old Downton LodgeDownton on the Rock, Ludlow (Nr.), Shropshire, SY8 2HU
A good neighbourhood restaurant with rooms with a dining room set in a mediaeval hay drying room.
They rely as much as possible on local ingredients some of the fruit, vegetables and herbs coming from their own garden.
A late summer menu, brought 'Twice-baked Cheese Soufflé'; 'Grilled Fillt of Cornish Mackerel with Capers & Tomato Salsa' and 'Terrine of Chicken, Oyster Mushrooms & Foie Gras with Downton Orchard Chutney' listed among the starters.
'Grilled Sea Bass with Salsa Verde'; 'Wild Mushroom & Truffle Oil Risotto with Parmesan Shavings'; Roast Rabbit with Apples & Calvados' and 'Local Welsh Black Rump Steak with Cherry Tomatoes & Béarnaise Sauce' among the main courses.
Desserts might include 'Apple & Pear Tart Tatin with Vanilla Ice Cream' and 'Vanilla Pannacotta with Seasonal Berry Compote.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Closed
- Dinner: Tues-Sun 18.00-21.30, set D £32.50 (3 courses), £35.00 (4 courses, an inter-course sorbet)
- Wine: a concise list, kicks off at £13.95, and offers all listed wines by the glass
- Nearest station: Ludlow
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: L all week, all Mon, some Bank Holidays
- Outside eating
- Rooms available