« back to restaurants search results
Queens Head BramfieldThe Street, Bramfield, Halesworth (Nr.), Suffolk, IP19 9HT
A good dining pub, with exposed beams and a cosy winter open fire.
The kitchen has carefully sought out naturally-reared local produce, right down to the milk and cream. This is in evidence in starters such as 'Chicken Kebabs, marinated in Soy, Ginger & Garlic'; 'Free-range Egg & Prawns with fresh Tarragon Mayonnaise'; 'Mushrooms baked in Cream & Garlic au gratin' and 'Grilled Goats' Cheese with Mustard Crumb Topping & Marinated Beetroot Salad'.
Main courses, such as 'Fillet of Sea Bass with Ratatouille, Rosti Potato & Salad'; 'Baby Spinach, Ricotta & Mozzarella Lasagne, with Garlic Bread & Salad'; 'Steak, Kidney & Adnams Ale Pie, with Fresh Vegetables' and 'Beach Farm Lamb Chops à la Greque, with Mashed Potatoes' set the style.
For dessert, you might be tempted by seasonal Crumbles, 'Hot Sticky Toffee Pudding'; 'Rich Chocolate & Brandy Pot'; Crème Brulée with Shortbread' or their selection of home-made ice creams and sorbets. While those with a more savoury tooth will enjoy their selection of local artisan cheeses.
- Food Style: Best Pubs for Food
- Lunch: all week, 12.00-14.00; mains £7.25 to £15.95
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 18.30-21.15, Sat 18.30-22.00, Sun 19.00-21.00; mains £7.25 to £15.95
- Wine: a concise list travels the world, kicking off at £13.45
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Nearest station: Halesworth
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: check Christmas openings