A good brasserie-style café/restaurant, that doubles up as a café away from the lunchtime service.
The cooking is simple but assured, and ingredients have been well sourced – some coming from their good delicatessen – just down the road.
Expect dishes such as ‘Courgette Fritters with Sweet Chili Sauce & Seasonal Salad’; ‘Slow-Cooked Moroccan Lamb Tagine with Toasted Almond Couscous’; ‘Chicken & Mushroom Pie with New Potatoes & Oven-Roast Tomatoes’; 'Sausages with Garlic Mash, Red Onion Marmalade, Gravy & Seasonal Vegetables' - plus Sandwiches and the like.
There are a few starters, plus comforting desserts such as ‘Sticky Toffee Pudding’.
- Food Style: Budget Restaurants - the best
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 10.00-16.00 (L 12.00-15.00); Sun 12.00-14.30; mains about £6 to £12
- Seats: 55, plus 25 outside
- Wine: a concise list kicks off at £12.50
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Beccles Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: D all week, most Bank Holidays
- Outside eating