If you like simply-cooked fish or oysters, this could be the place for you as they catch and harvest both themselves using their own boats and oyster beds.
Smoked fish is much to the fore with starters such as 'Smoked Salmon Paté'; 'Smoked Sardines'; 'Moules Mariniere' and 'Angels on Horseback' setting the style.
Perhaps to be followed by 'Smoked Chicken or Smoked Trout Salad'; 'Baked Sea Bass'; 'Fish Pie' and 'Skate with Brown Butter Sauce'.
While Oysters are ever present.
Simple desserts include various ice creams, plus perhaps 'Sticky Toffee Pudding' and 'Chocolate Truffle Tort'.
- Food Style: Seafood
- Lunch: all week, 12.00-14.15; mains £7.20 to £13.50
- Dinner: Weds-Fri 18.30-21.00, Sat 18.00-21.00; mains £7.20 to £13.50
- Wine: a short list kicks off at £12.75
- Nearest station: Woodbridge
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: D Sun-Tues; short hours during winter months