This cross between a restaurant with rooms and a small hotel can be found overlooking the village green.
Chef John Kerr buys as much locally as possible - including fish from Eyemouth, plus Borders beef, lamb and organic pork.
His seasonally-changing menu offers the likes of 'Warm Goats' Cheese Salad with Roasted Red Peppers and Balsamic Dressing'; 'Chilled "Hot-Smoked" Salmon with Prawns & Avocado Timbale on a Mango & Red Chili Salsa' and 'Chicken Liver Parfait on a Grape & Apple Chutney' among the starters.
With perhaps 'Breast of Corn-Fed Chicken, wrapped in Parma Ham, Stuffed with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Mozzarella & Basil'; 'Seared Salmon with a Gruyere & Herb Crust on Savoury Spinach & Roast Balsamic Vine Tomatoes'; 'Rack of Border Lamb with Vine Tomatoes and Basil & Mustard Crust, on Rosemary-scented Juices' to follow.
Desserts such as 'Vanilla Crème Brulée with a Compote of Rhubarb in Rose Water & Grenadine'; 'White Chocolate Cheesecake with a Passion Fruit Syrup' or 'Warm Bramble & Almond Tart with Cardamom Custard' might tempt you, if you still have room.
- Food Style: Modern Scottish
- Lunch: all week, 12.00-14.00; mains £8.20 to £11.90
- Dinner: Mon-Sun 18.00-21.00 (Sun 20.00); mains £10.90 to £23.95
- Seats: 45
- Wine: a well-thought-out list kicks off at £11.95
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: D Sun between Dec & Feb, 25th-27th Dec.
- Rooms available