An offshoot of the excellent Tamarind restaurant in Queen Street (q.v.); this branch offers a new concept in those enjoying the flavours of the Indian sub-continent. Formerly called Imli, the Hindi word from tamarind.
You’ll find many of your Indian favourites, cooked to a high standard. At known peak times, they only take bookings for 4 or more people, so you might have to wait a little to be seated, but in our experience, this will be worthwhile.
- Food Style: Indian
- Lunch: Mon-Weds 12.00-23.00, Thurs-Sat 12.00-23.30, Sun 12.00-22.00; mains about £15 to £26 (Including rice); Tasting Menu £45 (whole table only)
- Dinner: Mon-Weds 12.00-23.00, Thurs-Sat 12.00-23.30, Sun 12.00-22.00; mains about £15 to £26 (including rice); Tasting Menu £45 (whole table only)
- Seats: 120
- Wine: a concise list kicks off in the mid £20's, and is backed up by good Indian beers and various lassi's
- Wheelchair access: Enquire when booking, as restaurant is set over two floors
- Nearest station: Tottenham Court Road Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Air conditioned