The best of several South Indian vegetarian restaurants close to Euston Station, and worth a special detour.
The menu encompasses the familiar with the more unusual, with starters such as a plate of three samosas to a very Moorish 'Dahi Vada' - deep fried balls of ground split black lentils served in yoghurt with a swirl of sweet & sour sauce.
For main courses there are vegetable curries as well as pancakes, some made with ground black lentils and rice flour, others from cream of wheat.
There are Thali's too for those wanting a complete meal.
- Food Style: Indian Vegetarian
- Lunch: all week 12.00-22.30; Thali’s from about £10; mains from around £8; set meal £15.95 (3 courses)
- Dinner: all week 12.00-22.30; Thali’s from about £10; mains from around £8; set meal £15.95 (3 courses)
- Seats: 120
- Wine: a concise list has modest mark-ups
- Wheelchair access: Ye, but ground floor only
- Nearest station: Euston Square Underground or Euston Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page.