An up-market restaurant close to the river near Tower Bridge. The theme of the area's origins (spice warehouses for the East India Company) works well, the restaurant's interior being designed to mimic an old tea clipper.
The menu is extensive and highlights Bengali and Goan specialities.
They generally have live piano music during the evening, between Tuesday & Saturday.
Friendly and professional service. They have a sister restaurant Bengal Trader in Spitalfields.
- Food Style: Indian
- Lunch: all week, 12.00-15.00, mains about £15 to £20 (including rice); set L from £10; Sun Buffet £8.75 (12.00-16.00)
- Dinner: all week, 18.00-23.00; mains about £15 to £20 (including rice)
- Seats: 170
- Wine: a well-chosen list kicks off at around £18, but prices rise quckly thereafter
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: London Bridge Rail & Underground, or Bermondsey Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page.
- Air conditioned