A long established restaurant specialising in dishes from the ex-Portuguese colony of Goa.
The menu is based around past-down family recipes – such as ‘proper’ Pork Vindalloo & Sorpotel (made with lamb’s liver, kidney & pork belly).
The cooking standards are high.
- Food Style: Indian
- Lunch: Tues-Fri 12.00-14.15, Sun 13.00-14.45 (Buffet £11 per head); Platter Menu £10 (Tues-Thurs); mains about £11 to £18 (including rice)
- Dinner: Tues-Thurs 18.30-22.30, Fri & Sat 18.30-23.00, Sun 18.00-22.00; set D £10.00 (before 20.00 only on Fri & Sat); mains about £11 to £18 (including rice)
- Wine: a well-thought-out list is backed up by good lager-type beers
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Putney Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page.
- Air conditioned