A good Indian restaurant, the name meaning 'thieves market'. It's furnished on bizarre lines - with no two chairs matching and the place suitably-decoration like a bazaar.
The menu is based firmly in Northern India with specialities coming from Kashmir, much of it from the tandoor - and the food is cooked to a high standard.
A lunchtime visit, where 30% is knocked off the à la carte prices makes a good introduction.
- Food Style: Indian
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-15.00, mains about £12 to £29; set L £14.50 (2 courses)
- Dinner: all week, 18.00-22.00, mains about £12 to £29
- Seats: 85
- Wine: a well-thought-out list, matches food and wine, but has very firm prices
- Nearest station: Green Park Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page.
- Air conditioned