Britain's first upmarket Indian restaurant, and still offering good food after over 50 years - it's still owned by the original family. They have claims to have introduced the tandoori oven to Britain.
The style is firmly set in the north of the sub-continent, so expect all the expected 'standards', including plenty from the tandoor.
- Food Style: Indian
- Lunch: all week, 12.00-15.00; mains about £8 to £10; Thali’s about £18
- Dinner: all week, 18.00-23.30; mains about £12 to £20; set meals from £27 (3 courses)
- Wine: a well-thought-out list is backed up by good lager-style beer
- Children's portions: Children's Menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Oxford Circus Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Air conditioned