Britain's first upmarket Indian restaurant, and still offering good food after nearly 50 years. They have claims to have introduced the tandoori oven to Britain.
The style is firmly set in the north of the sub-continent, so expect all the expected 'standards', including plenty from the tandoor.
- Food Style: Indian
- Lunch: all week, 12.00-15.00; mains £7.75 to £14.95
- Dinner: all week, 18.00-23.30; mains £7.75 to £14.95
- Wine: a well-thought-out list is backed up by good lager-style beer
- Nearest station: Oxford Circus Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Air conditioned