« back to restaurants search results
Mandalay Burmese Restaurant444 Edgware Road, London, Manchester, W2 1EG
Possibly Britain's only Burmese restaurant, and offering authentic dishes - including spring rolls and samosas among the starters. While the main courses include 'Seit-Tha & Ma-Gyee-Thee' (lamb with tamarind); 'Bazun-Kya Khauk-Swe' (coconut & king prawns with noodles) and 'Hin-Nu-New & Ginn' (spinach with ginger & garlic).
Lemon Grass , coconut and ginger figure prominently; and some of the vital ingredients are imported from Burma.
Expect fairly tightly-packed tables and clean simple surroundings.
Booking is advisable, particularly during the evening.
- Food Style: Burmese
- Lunch: all week, 12.00-14.30; mains from around £5 to £8
- Dinner: all week, 18.00-22.30; mains from around £5 to £8
- Seats: 30
- Wine: a concise list kicks off at around the £10 and has very modest mark-ups; they also offer Tiger beer
- Nearest station: Edgware Road Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Air conditioned