A good and fun restaurant, combining ground floor Japanese Teppan-yaki dining with an upstairs Thai eaterie.
The former (see photograph) offers sushi and sashimi, plus dishes such as 'Sirloin Steak Teriyaki', 'Scallops with Garlic' and 'Duck Breast with Green Pepper Sauce' from the teppan grill.
The latter - laid out as a traditional restaurant - has all the expected Thai 'standards' including Red & Green Curries, Noodles including Pad Thai, various Salads and Stir Fries.
There's food on offer all day, but some of the main events are confined to lunch and dinner.
Friendly, helpful service.
- Food Style: Japanese
- Lunch: Mon-Thurs 12.00-15.00, Fri 12.00-23.00, Sat 12.00-23.30, Sun 12.00-22.30; set L Thai £7.95, Japanese £9.95; mains £5.95 to £18.95
- Dinner: Mon-Thurs 17.00-23.00, Fri 12.00-23.00, Sat 12.00-23.30, Sun 12.00-22.30; mains £5.95 to £18.95; set Teppan-yaki meals from £29.95
- Wine: a concise list is backed up by good lager-style beers
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Japanese section only
- Nearest station: Chester
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page