A good Chinese restaurant specialising Cantonese-style dishes, but giving a few nods to Peking and Szechuan. Their selection of Dim Sum is popular at lunchtime.
The dining room has rather a canteen type feel, but the disadvantage of this can be outweighed by the canal-side terrace which is popular for pre-prandial drinks in fine weather.
A large upstairs room is let out for private functions.
- Food Style: Chinese
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.00-14.00, Sun 14.00-22.30; mains about £10 to £15 (including rice); set L Mon-Fri £4.95 (2 courses); Sun L Buffet £9.50 (children £5) between 14.00-17.00
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 17.00-22.30, Sun 14.00-22.00; mains about £10 to £15 (including rice); set meals from £19.95
- Seats: 140
- Wine: a concise list is backed up by lager-type beers
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Stalybridge Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Air conditioned