This popular pub has three restaurants, each with a distinct style. An English-style Grill, a Chinese restaurant (The China Garden), open during the lunch and the evening (q.v.), and an Indian eaterie (The Indian Garden) – open during the evening only.
Here we concentrate on the former, which offers traditional English dishes, with the occasional modern twist.
A snapshot of the starters listed ‘Smoked Salmon Rillettes with Cucumber Pickle & Dill & Mustard Dressing’; ‘Pressed Ham Hock Terrine with Homemade Piccalilli’; ‘Single Gloucester & Leek Fondue Tart with Dressed Rocket & Sun Dried Tomatoes’.
Followed by mains, such as ‘Braised Mutton Hot Pot with Root Vegetables & Creamed Potatoes’; ‘Gourmet Sausages with Red Onion Gravy, Mash & Crispy Fried Onion Rings’ ; ‘Fish & Chips with Beer Batter’ and ‘Burgers and various Steaks from the Grill.
- Food Style: Best Pubs for Food
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-21.30, Sun 12.00-21.00; mains about £8 to £12
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 12.00-21.30, Sun 12.00-21.00; mains £10 to £25
- Seats: 50
- Wine: a concise, but well-thought-out list is backed up by a selection of beers
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Stonehouse Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Rooms available