Find this romantic, candle-lit, restaurant up a long tree-lined drive in the luxurious Norton House Hotel.
Chef Grame Shaw heads a kitchen team that sources top-quality mainly-local produce and skilfully turns them into a short carte of delicious dishes - luxury ingredients are much to the fore.
An winter menu brought 'Roast Pancetta-Wrapped Sqiab Breast with Spiced Couscous, Pineapple & Red Pepper Chutney and Sweet Corn Purée'; 'Butternut Squash Velouté with Pumpkin Oil & Seeds' and 'Ravioli of Scottish Crab with Langoustines, Braised Little Gem & Shellfish Foam' listed among the starters.
While 'Braised Blade of Border Beef with Hern Mousse, Foie Gras, Truffle Mash, Organic Carrots and Leeks'; 'Poached Turbot in Red Wine with Tarragon Mash, Oyster Beignets, Samphire, Fennel Purée & Baby Onions' and 'Fillet of Scottish Grouse with Soured Cabbage, Morteau Sausage, Garlic Purée, Scottish Girolles, Elderberry Gastric & Pan Jus' - among the listed mains.
Desserts such as 'Warm Valhrona Chocolate Fondant' and 'Pear Tart Tatin' might round off your meal - while the more savoury-toothed will be tempted by their selection of artisan cheeses.
Service is both professional and friendly.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 19.00-21.30; mains £18.95 to £34.00
- Seats: 22
- Wine: a lengthy, and well-chosen, list travels the world, but has firm prices kicking off at £24 for Reds & £27 for Whites
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Ratho Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Rooms available