A good Indian restaurant offering a mainly North Indian restaurant, but regularly holding region food events.
They also amusingly translate their Indian dishes into the Scottish dialect - which causes great amusement all round. They also offer a few less usual dishes such as Veggie Haggis Fritters' and 'Venison Maharaja'.
Vegetarians have a particularly-good selection of interesting dishes. They have another branch in nearby Leith.
- Food Style: Indian
- Dinner: all week 17.30-22.30; mains from about £9 to £19; Thali's from £17.50
- Seats: 70
- Wine: a concise list is backed up by lager-style beers
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Nearest station: Edinburgh Waverley
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Air conditioned