Advertising itself as Edinburgh's oldest Chinese restaurant (1956), the cooking here is of a Anglo-Cantonese style that has probably changed little since.
If your idea of a Chinese meal is Chopsuey or perhaps Sweet & Sour Pork in Batter - this might be just the place for you. This is the city's best exponent of this style of cooking, and their menu is extensive.
- Food Style: Chinese
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 11.45-23.00, Sun 13.00-23.00
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 11.45-23.00, Sun 13.00-23.00
- Wine: a concise list is backed up by lager-style beers
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Nearest station: Edinburgh Haymarket or Waverley Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Air conditioned