A good and comfortable restaurant, where chef/proprietor offers a menu with its roots in France but, wherever possible, using Scottish ingredients.
Starters such as 'Terrine of Chicken Livers & Foie Gras'; 'Seared Scallops with Serrano Ham' and 'Slow-Roast Pork Belly & Truffled-Gnocchi with Pied Blue Mushrooms & Braised Lentils' set the style.
Mains might include the likes of 'Fillet of Halibut with Leeks, Onion Confit & Smoked Haddock Cream'; 'Saddle of Venison, Baby Spinach & Ragoût of Carrots, Dauphinoise Potatoes and Port Sauce' and 'Rib Eye of Beef with Roast Vegetables, Fondant Potato and Red Wine & Shallot Jus'.
If you still have room, you might be tempted by 'Toffee & Date Pudding'; 'Chocolate Torte with Chocolate Sauce & Mint Ice Cream' or their selection of farmhouse cheeses.
- Food Style: Modern French
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-14.00; mains £19.95 to £21.95
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 19.00-22.00; mains £19.95 to £21.95
- Seats: 44
- Wine: a well thought out list
- Nearest station: Edinburgh Waverley Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page