An excellent vegetarian Indian restaurant, like so many others in Britain, claiming to cook dishes in the style of the village of Udupi.
A lengthy menu of around 50 items stretches from Dosa's and Uttappams (lentil pizza's) through delicious curries - such as 'Beetroot Sasami' (sliced beetroot, cooked in yoghurt with green chilis, curry leaves & mustard seeds); tasty rice variations; plus top-class breads.
They have even conjured-up some Indian desserts, so perhaps try 'Kesari Bhath' - a traditional Udupi pudding made with semolina cooked with butter & studded with raisins & cashews).
They have another branch in Leicester.
- Food Style: Indian Vegetarian
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.00-14.30, Sat 12.00-22.30, Sun 12.00-22.00; set L from £4.95
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 18.00-23.00, Sat 12.00-22.30, Sun 12.00-22.00
- Wine: a concise list is backed up by lager-style beers
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Nearest station: Nottingham Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Air conditioned