If you are seeking traditional North Indian (and particularly Punjabi) dishes - this is amongst Leicester's best eateries, and not to be confused with the influx of largely buffet-style restaurants that are invading the city, but not listed here.
Don't expect frills, but this award-winning restaurant produces tasty dishes such as Pili Pili Chicken; plus some excellent dishes - such as Machusi Lamb - which have arrived via Kenya.
You'll also find plenty of your favourites from the tandoor.
- Food Style: Indian
- Lunch: Tues-Sat 12.00-14.00; mains between about £8 to £17
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 18.00-23.00; mains between about £8 and £17
- Wine: a concise list is backed up by lager-style beers
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Nearest station: Leicester Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Closed: all Mon