Southall is full of Indian restaurants, catering for all budgets, and this one of the best - but hasn't let its deserved popularity make its pricing over eager.
Indeed entertaining families are its bread and butter - some of its specialities such as Methi Chicken, Keema's and Masandar Lamb being offered in family-sized bowls; while vegetarians have plenty of interesting options.
They advertise themselves as offering Punjabi food with a Kenyan slant - and this they carry out with great skill.
Friendly, helpful service.
- Food Style: Indian
- Lunch: Tues-Fri 12.00-14.30; mains about £9 to £22 (including rice); set L £20 (3 courses)
- Dinner: Tues-Sun 18.00-23.30; mains £9 to £22 (including rice); Set D £20 (3 courses)
- Seats: 250
- Wine: a well-chosen list has modest mark-ups, and is backed up by good lager-style beers
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Southall Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes
- Air conditioned