Find this smart Indian restaurant, part of an expanding group, on the banks of the Thames overlooking the finishing line of the Royal Regatta.
Although many 'Indian' standards are listed (such as biriani's, korma's etc.), the menu concentrates on dishes that stretch your views on food from the sub-continent.
Expect the likes of 'Tandoor-baked Duck and Cumin Potatoes in Filo Pastry' among the starters. Maybe to be followed by 'Monkfish Masala'; 'Marinated Grilled Rabbit with Spinach and Red Pepper Pilaf' or 'Crab-stuffed Peppers with a Fenugreek Sauce, in the style of Kerala'.
The Masala in Uxbridge, Cookham Tandoori and Spice Merchant in Beaconsfield, are under the same ownership, and run along similar lines.
- Food Style: Modern Indian
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.00; Buffet for Sunday L; mains from about £10
- Dinner: all week 18.00-23.00; mains from about £10
- Seats: 120
- Wine: a well-thought-out list travels the world; but prices are firm - kicking off at £16.00
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Henley-on-Thames Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Air conditioned