Part of an excellent & growing chain of hamburger joints.
How restaurant names are chosen is unclear, but we doubt Byron knew of hamburgers, and they certainly weren't served in the iconic bistro of that name - now sadly defunct.
However, the name is catchy, and their burgers - made from fully-traceable Scottish Aberdeen Angus beef, very good, as are the hand-cut chips. They are offered in various formats, including a vegetarian version with Portobello Mushroom & Roast Red Peppers. There are various main course Salads for those not tempted by burgers.
Finish with Chocolate Brownies, Knickerbocker Glory and the like.
Service is friendly and informal.
- Food Style: Burgers - Top Quality
- Lunch: Mon-Thurs 11.00-23.00, Fri 11.30-23.30, Sat 11.00-23.30, Sun 11.00-22.30; burgers & chips about £12
- Dinner: Mon-Thurs 11.00-23.00, Fri 11.30-23.30, Sat 11.00-23.30, Sun 11.00-22.30; burgers & chips about £12
- Wine: a concise list kicks off at around the £15 mark
- Children's portions: Yes
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Gloucester Road Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Air conditioned