A deservedly-popular vegetarian restaurant, but one which takes no bookings (apart fron their comfortable private room) - so arriving early at mealtimes is essential if you wish to secure a good table.
Starters, or light meals, such as 'Beetroot & Goat's Cheese Tart with Flaked Almond &Watercress Salad'; 'Gyoza Dumplings with Mirin & Soy Dipping Sauce' and 'Spinach & Ricotta Ravioli with Fresh Tomato Basil Sauce' set the style.
While main courses might include the likes of 'Baby Aubergine, Chickpea & Olive Tagine with Pomegranate Yoghurt, Apricot & Pistachio Couscous and Flatbread'; 'Asparagus, Mint, Pea, Leek & Risotto Cake with Wilted Spinach, Green Beans and Grape Mustard Cream Sauce' and 'Burger of the Day with Relish, Red Onion, Rocket & Tomato with Fries, Basil Mayo & Monterey Jack Cheese'.
If you still have room, puds are tempting with the likes of 'Raspberry & Dark Chocolate Truffle' & 'Fruit Crumble with Custard, Cream (or Soya Cream)' might be there to tempt you.
Service can be irritatingly over-stretched - but overall a good vegetarian restaurant.
- Food Style: Vegetarian
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 9.00-23.00, Sat 12.00-23.00; mains from about £10
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 9.00-23.00, Sat 12.00-23.00; mains from about £10
- Wine: a concise list includes a few organic varities, kicking off at around the £17 mark
- Nearest station: Oxford or Piccadilly Circus Undergrounds
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Closed: all Sun, check Christmas openings