Find this smart destination restaurant set in the Italianate Falconade Mansion Hotel, peacefully-set in 14 acres of gardens and woodlands.
The kitchen, has built up a good network of top-class suppliers, and while the menu follows the seasons, starters - preceeded by a canapé and amuse bouche - such as 'Home-Cured Gravadlax with King Prawns & Sweet Mustard Dressing'; 'Chicken Parfait with Red Onion Marmalade, Toasted Walnut Bread and Apple & Redcurrant Jelly' and 'Fresh Mussels in White Wine' set the style for dinner.
Dishes such as 'Gressingham Duck Breast with Rice & Coconut Cake, Peanut & Chili Oil'; 'Loin of Pembrokeshire Venison with Braised Cabbage, White Pudding, Fondant Potato, Chocolate & Red Wine Sauce'; 'Shitake Mushrooms and Couscous Pancake Gateau with Pink Peppercorn & Black Mountain Whisky Sauce' and 'Fillet of Halibut with Smoked Salmon Ravioli, Vanilla Mash, Lemongrass & Ginger Sauce' might follow.
Desserts maintain the high standard, with the likes of 'Vanilla Crème Brulée with Caramelised Poached Pear'; 'Sticky Toffee Pudding with Lime Sauce' and 'Melting Chocolate Pudding with Coconut & Malibu Sorbet on offer. While those with a more savoury tooth should enjoy their selection of Welsh Farmhouse Cheeses.
Lunch, offering less ambitious dishes such as 'Chicken Risotto with Welsh Cheese & Truffle Oil' and 'Aberaeron Pork Sausages with Bubble & Squeak and Roasted Onion Sauce' is served in the less formal Peterwells Restaurant.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: all week 12.00-13.30; set L £15.95 (2 courses), £19.50 (3 courses); set L Sun £27 (3 courses)
- Dinner: all week 18.30-20.45; set D £32.50 (2 courses), £40 (3 courses), Tasting Menu £67.50
- Seats: 40
- Wine: a well-chosen list, kicks off at around the £20 mark, and offers a good selection by the glass
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Carmarthen or Aberystwyth Rail (about 25 miles)
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes, adequate
- Rooms available