A good café/bistro - the former during the day, but transformed by crisp white tablecloths and candles into a romantic restaurant at night.
So during the day, you can enjoy everything from a cup of coffee through breakfast to lunch and afternoon tea.
The Bistro evening menu and Sunday lunch offers more serious fare, with perhaps 'Gorgonzola with Poached Pears, Walnuts, Thyme & Honey'; 'Rare Roast Pigeon Breast, Butterbean Purée & Confit Garlic'; 'Seared Scallops with Crispy Pancetta & Cauliflower Purée' and 'Tian of Avocado & Crab with Pink Grapefruit' listed among the starters.
Perhaps 'Pumpkin, Ricotta & Sage Rotolo with Walnut Butter'; 'Salmon en Croûte with Beetroot Purée & Herb Salad'; 'Roast Haunch of Venison with Bitter Chocolate Sauce' and 'Devonshire Duck Breast, Chicory Roast with Orange & Potato Galette' to follow.
Good desserts might include 'Chocolate Tart with Lavender Ice Cream' and 'Blood Orange Sorbet with Pumpkin Seed Brittle'.
They have been short-listed for National awards for their Sunday lunches.
- Food Style: Bistro
- Lunch: Cafe - Mon-Sat 9.00-17.00, Sun 9.30-15.00
- Dinner: Bistro - Tues-Thurs 18.00-till late, Fri 19.00-till late; set Early Bird D Tues-Thurs 18.00-19.00 £10 (2 courses)
- Wine: a concise, but well-chosen, list has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Nearest station: Clifton Down Rail
- Directions: See the map on this
- Outside eating