This split-level restaurant with exposed brickwork and a modern feel, offers award-winning breakfasts - then brunch, lunch and dinner as the day progresses.
An extensive International menu ranges from 'Porridge with Fruit Compote' and 'Eggy Bread with Maple Syrup & Bacon' in the morning; through Salads, Ciabatta Sandwiches and Filled Wraps to lunchtime and dinner starters/snacks such as 'Herby Meatballs with Chili Arrabiatta, fresh Parmesan & Garlic Bread'; 'Chili Salt Squid with Vietnamese Cucumber, Beansprouts & Scallion Salad' and 'Parmesan & Spinach Potato Cake with Sautéed Soft Heb & Garlic Mushrooms'.
More substantial dishes might include 'North Sea Haddock in Beer Batter with Chips, Minty Mushy Peas & Spicy Tartare Sauce'; 'Char-grilled Aberdeen Angus Rib Eye with Roast Tomato, Mushrooms & Chips'; 'Root Vegetables, Leeks & Shallots in a Tomato, Paprika & Caraway Sauce with Horseradish & Tarragon' and 'Honeyed Duck Breast with Prunes, Chestnut & Balsamic Vinegared Shallots'.
Perhaps finish with 'Apple, Pear & Brandy Trifle with Crunchy Almond Praline'; 'Baked Chocolate, Pecan & Berry Brownie with Vanilla Ice Cream' or their selection of 'Iain Mellis' cheeses.
- Food Style: Budget Restaurants - the best
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 9.00-22.00, Sat & Sun 10.00-22.00; mains £5.95 to £16.95; set meals £10.95 (2 courses), £12.95 (3 courses)
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 9.00-22.00, Sat & Sun 10.00-22.00; mains £5.95 to £16.95; set meals £10.95 (2 courses), £12.95 (3 courses)
- Wine: a carefully-chosen list has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Charing Cross (Glasgow) Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page