Find this good restaurant - with its gilt and crystal chandeliers and painted wall panels - smart enough for any occasion, in the luxurious Fredricks Hotel.
The dining room enjoys views over the terrace and gardens, and in fine weather you can enjoy your pre-prandial drinks outside.
Local produce is much to the fore, and while the menu's follow the seasons, a late Spring version brought 'Cream of Watercress & Pea Soup'; 'Langoustines in Potato with Pork Belly Confit'; 'Millefeuille of Mediterranean Vegetables with Grilled Squid' and 'Filet Mignon of Lamb with Woodland Mushrooms & Pumpkin Risotto' among the starters.
'Sauté of Rabbit with Asparagus & Girolles with Mixed Leaf Salad'; 'Roast Saddle of Berkshire Down Lamb in Garden Herbs with Minted Green & Broad Beans' and 'Grilled Fillet of Wild Sea Trout on Crushed Cornish New Potatoes with Tomato Butter Sauce' listed among the mains.
Desserts aren't to be missed with perhaps 'Apple & Calvados Mousse'; 'Warm Chocolate Pavé & Coffee Ice Cream' and 'Caramelised Lemon Tart' on offer.
If you plan ahead, you can stay in one of their comfortable bedrooms.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.30; set L Mon-Fri £18.95 (2 courses), £24.95 (3 courses); mains about £15 to £29; set L Sun £36.50
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 19.00-22.00; set D £31 (2 courses), £39 (3 courses); mains about £15 to £29; Tasting Menu £59 (5 courses)
- Seats: 60
- Wine: a well-chosen list has firm mark-ups
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Maidenhead Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: L Sat, D Sun, 25th Dec, 1st Jan
- Air conditioned
- Rooms available