« back to restaurants search results
L'Eglise Restaurant Français196 Church Road, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 2DJ
A deservedly popular brasserie offering traditional French dishes of a type now too rarely found.
Expect the likes of 'Assiette de Charcuterie'; 'Steak Tartare'; 'Ham Hock Terrine with Pumpkin Chutney' and 'Soupe de Poisson with Rouille' among the starters.
Perhaps 'Coq au Vin'; 'Moules Frites'; 'Polenta Provençale'; 'Locally-Caught Mackerel with Lemon Butter Sauce & New Potatoes' and 'Steak Onglet Maitre D'Hotel with Frites' listed among the mains.
They also have daily 'Specials' Tuesday means 'Saucisses de Toulouse with Puy Lentils', Thursday 'Lapin au Pruneaux' etc.
Simple desserts might include 'Tarte Tatin'; 'Crème Brulée' and 'Iles Flottantes'.
- Food Style: Brasserie
- Lunch: Tues-Sat 12.00-23.00; set menu offered Tues-Sat 12.00-17.00 £11.95 (2 courses), Sun 12.00-22.00; mains £10.75 to £13.95
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 12.00-23.00; Sun 12.00-22.00; mains £10.75 to £13.95
- Wine: a concise list, kicking off at £11.95, concentrates on generic French wines
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Hove Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Closed: all Mon