« back to restaurants search results
Jamies Italian Oxford24-26 George Street, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1 2AE
A trattoria-style restaurant belonging to an expanding chain owned by TV chef Jamie Oliver. Although the cooking style is based on that of Italy the style wouldn't be recognised by anyone from any of the regions of that country; a romanticised barbecued image of that country seems more the aim. However, a good time seems to be had by all.
They operate a no bookings policy, unless you plan a party of between 6-14 people, when they will reserve at table. But there's a bar where you can wait until a table becomes available.
For starters or quick snacks, they offer Antipasti 'Planks' in Meat and Vegetable varieties, plus a few dishes such as 'Crispy Squid with Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Mayo' and 'Baked Chestnut Mushrooms with Smoked Scamorza Cheese'.
There are pasta dishes such as 'Spaghetti Bolognese'; 'Truffle Tagliatelle' and 'Penne Arrabiata' which can be taken as either a starter or a main course.
Mains, mainly from the grill, include Steaks, daily Fish (listed on a blackboard), Soft Shell Crab Fritti and Yellow Fin Tuna Salad.
The sweet-toothed can finish with Italian Ice Cream, Tiramisu, Italian Bakewell Tart and the like.
- Food Style: Italian
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.00-23.00, Sat 10.00-23.00, Sun 10.00-22.30; mains £8.50 to £16.95
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 12.00-23.00, Sat 10.00-23.00, Sun 10.00-22.30; mains £8.50 to £16.95
- Wine: a concise Italian list, kicks off at £14.50, and includes 2 organic house wine varieties
- Nearest station: Oxford Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page