« back to restaurants search results
Jamies Italian Kingston19-23 High Street, Kingston on Thames, London, KT1 1LL
A trattoria-style restaurant belonging to an expanding chain owned by TV chef Jamie Oliver. Although the cooking style is based on that of Italy - the style wouldn't be recognised by anyone from any of the regions of that country; a romanticised barbecued image of that country seems more the aim. However, a good time seems to be had by all.
They operate a no bookings policy, unless you plan a party of between 8-14 people, when they will reserve at table. But there's a bar where you can wait until a table becomes available.
For starters or quick snacks, they offer Antipasti 'Planks' in Meat and Vegetable varieties, plus a few dishes such as 'Crispy Squid with Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Mayo' and 'Baked Chestnut Mushrooms with Smoked Scamorza Cheese'.
There are pasta dishes such as 'Spaghetti Bolognese'; 'Truffle Tagliatelle' and 'Penne Arrabiata' - which can be taken as either a starter or a main course.
Mains, mainly from the grill, include Steaks, daily Fish (listed on a blackboard), Soft Shell Crab Fritti and Yellow Fin Tuna Salad.
The sweet-toothed can finish with Italian Ice Cream, Tiramisu, Italian Bakewell Tart and the like.
- Food Style: Italian
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-23.00, Sun 12.00-22.30; mains £8.50 to £16.95
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 12.00-23.00, Sun 12.00-22.30; mains £8.50 to £16.95
- Wine: a concise Italian list, kicks off at £14.50, and includes 2 organic house wine varieties
- Nearest station: Kingston
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Drapers Car Park