Find this deservedly-popular pub in a pretty square near the centre of town.
The kitchen offers a largely-traditional menu of well-cooked dishes, without too many nods to fashion. You can eat in the characterful bar, a secluded courtyard or in the dedicated restaurant.
You can enjoy everything from freshly-cut sandwiches and light bites such as 'Homemade Soup with Crusty Bread' to full blown meals.
Starters such as '½ Pint Prawns with Lemon & Herb Mayonnaise'; 'Houmous with Pitta Bread'; 'Homemade Terrine with Chutney & Toast'; 'Chicken Tikka' and 'Tomato, Buffalo Mozzarella & Basil' typify the style the latter two are also offered as main courses.
You might follow with the likes of 'Minted Lamb Burger with Chips & Salad'; 'Beer-Battered Fish with Mushy Peas & Chips'; 'Seared Liver & Bacon with Mash & Red Onion Gravy' and 'Fusili with Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables with Tomato Sauce & Parmesan'.
Children have their own menu.
- Food Style: Best Pubs for Food
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.30; mains £8.50 to £14.95
- Dinner: all week 18.00-21.00; mains £8.50 to £14.95
- Wine: a concise list has modest mark-ups and includes some organic varieties
- Children's portions: Children's Menu
- Nearest station: Kings Lynn or Sheringham Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Outside eating
- Rooms available