Find this popular restaurant in the comfortable Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa a few miles from the city centre. Expect stucco paintwork, Romanesque arches and impressive murals - creating a relaxing Mediterranean feel.
The kitchen has built up a good network of local suppliers and translates their produce into dishes to fit the atmosphere.
A summer menu included 'Beef Carpaccio with Rocket & Parmesan Shavings'; 'Pan-Seared Scallops with Crisp Poppadums & Tomato Salsa'; 'Twice-Baked Lancashire Cheese Soufflé with Pickled Beetroot & Balsamic Syrup' and 'Ravioli of Chicken with Vegetable Spaghetti & Truffle Broth' among the starters.
While Pasta & Risotto dishes such as 'Scallop, Tiger Prawn & Salmon Tagliatelle with Coriander & Sweet Chili Oil' and 'Risotto of Smoked Haddock & Curried Leeks with Soft Poached Egg' can be taken as starters or a complete meal.
'Roast Loin of Monkfish with Wilted Gem Lettuce, Pancetta Crisps & Caesar Dressing'; 'Casserole of Fruits de Mers with Aioli Croûtes'; 'Crisp Belly Pork with Tuscan Beans & Rustic Sauce'; 'Herb-Crusted Rack of Lamb with Olive-Crushed Potatoes, Balsamic & Shallot Dressing' plus various Steaks from the grill were listed among the mains. Vegetarians have plenty of interesting choice.
If you still have room, you might be tempted by 'Vanilla Crème Brulée with Homemade Marshmallows'; 'Hazelnut & Milk Chocolate Parfait with Gingersnap Caramel'; 'Baked Apple & Frangipane Tart with Vanilla Ice Cream' or their selection of Local Cheeses.
Sunday lunch brings a popular traditional English Carvery.
- Food Style: Brasserie
- Lunch: all week 12.00-15.00, mains about £10 to £30; Sun L Buffet mains £12.95
- Dinner: Mon-Thurs 18.00-21.30 Fri & Sat 18.00-22.00; mains about £10 to £30
- Seats: 110
- Wine: a well-chosen list, travels the world, has modest mark-ups, and offers a good selection by the glass
- Children's portions: Children's Menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Chester Rail (5 miles)
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes, adequate
- Rooms available