Find this popular restaurant, with splendid views over the harbour in this comfortable hotel.
The kitchen offers a seasonal menu of carefully sourced produce, ranging from bistro-style dishes to the more elaborate. Seafood figures prominently, while vegetarians alsohave plenty of interesting options.
An early summer menu, listed 'Locally-Smoked Trout, Sautéed Chorizo & Prawns'; 'Pan-Fried Scallops with Roasted Garlic, Parsley & Pancetta' and 'Baked Gevrik Goats' Cheese, Wrapped with Parma Ham on Roasted Pepper Couscous' among the starters.
'Grilled Line-Caught Pollock with Spicy Jambalaya'; 'Sea Bass with Crabmeat & Provencale Sauce; 'Lobster - various ways'; 'Roasted Lamb Rump on Char-Grilled Vegetables & Rosemary Sauce' and 'Baked Peppers, Filled with Vegetable Risotto, Roasted Pine Nuts & Parmesan Shavings' listed among the mains.
Lighter dishes are served in the hotels Harbourside Inn or hotel Bistro.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 19.15-21.15, Sat 20.00-22.00, Sun 20.00-21.30; mains about £15 to £26
- Seats: 40 (plus 25 outside)
- Wine: a well-chosen list has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Children's Menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: St Austell (2 miles)
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes
- Outside eating
- Rooms available