Find this popular pub offering good food in the wooded hamlet of Thunderbridge a few miles outside Huddersfield.
The ground floor operates as a traditional pub offering real ales, including some from smaller local brewers. You can enjoy good snacks and lighter meals here, while you can eat more formally, at linen-clad tables in an upstairs dining room.
Starters such as 'Crispy Fried Goats with Fruit Chutney'; 'Chorizo Sausage & Bacon Salad' and 'Bang Bang King Prawn Skewers' set the style for starters here.
Perhaps to be followed by 'Fillet of Sea Trout with Chive Mash & Grain Mustard Sauce'; 'Penne Pasta with Roasted Vegetables, Pesto & Parmesan'; 'Wild Boar & Apple Sausages with Mustard Mash & Apple Gravy' and 'Rump Steak with Peppercorn & Mushroom Sauce' listed among the mains.
Traditional desserts might include 'Treacle Tart' and 'Bakewell Tart'.
- Food Style: Best Pubs for Food
- Lunch: Mon-Thurs 12.00-21.30 (bar snacks), Fri-Sat 12.00-21.30, Sun 12.00-15.00; mainsabout £11 to £20
- Dinner: Mon-Thurs 12.00-21.30 (bar snacks), Fri-Sat 12.00-21.30, Sun 12.00-15.00 (until 20.00 for bar snacks); mainsabout £11 to £20
- Wine: a well-chosen list, chosen by knowledgeable owners, has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Nearest station: Stocksmoor Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes
- Rooms available