« back to restaurants search results
Queens Head Belton2 Long Street, Belton, Leicestershire, LE12 9TP
What was until a few years ago a 19th century village inn, is now a rather slick combination of bar and contemporary restaurant with rooms.
Although you can still pop in for a pint of real ale and read the newspapers – more likely than not, you’ll be sitting in one of their deep leather sofas.
The building is divided between bar and restaurant areas, the former serving freshly-cut sandwiches at lunchtime – the latter traditional and ambitious modern dishes based around local produce.
A summer menu listed ‘Risotto of Ok-Smoked Haddock & Chives’; ‘Warm Salad of Black Pudding, Crisp Pancetta & Poached Egg’; ‘Confit Duck Leg & Spring Onion Tart’ and ‘Baked Camembert Sharing Plate’ among the starters.
‘Tori & Ben’s Sausages & Mash with Onion Gravy ’; ‘Beer-Battered Cod with Triple-Cooked Chips & Minted Peas’; ‘Oven-Baked Ham, Eggs & Triple-Cooked Chips’; ‘Pan-Fried Fillet of Sea Bass with Sweet Potato Fondant, Spanish Salsa & Salsa Verde’; ‘Tian of Butternut Squash with Aubergine Purée, Asparagus & Wild Mushrooms’ and ‘Rib-Eye Steak with Triple-Cooked Chips with Pepper or Stilton Sauce’ listed among the mains.
Desserts are too good to miss, with perhaps ‘White & Dark Chocolate Mousse with Strawberry Compote’ and ‘Apple Tart Tatin with Vanilla Ice Cream’ on offer.
- Food Style: Best Pubs for Food
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-14.30, Sun 12.00-22.00; set L Mon-Sat £13.50 (2 courses), £15.50 (3 courses); set L Sun 12.00-16.00 £14.50 (2 courses), £17.50 (3 courses); mains about £9 to £18
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.00-21.00, Sun 12.00-22.00; mains about £9 to £18
- Seats: 70
- Wine: a well-chosen list, kicks off at £13.95, and is helpfully-listed by type. Good selection by the glass.
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible; plus Children's Menu
- Nearest station: Loughborough Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: 25th & 26th Dec, 1st Jan
- Rooms available