« back to restaurants search results
Talbot Hotel - Iwerne MinsterIwerne Minster, Blandford Forum (Nr.), Dorset, DT11 8QN
This deservedly-popular pub – a previous winner of Dorset Dining Pub of the Year – combines being a proper ‘local’ with bar games and real ales with a menu offering well-prepared dishes.
You can eat in the ‘Village Bar’, comfortable lounge bar or book a table in the dining room.
Lunch brings ‘Sausages, Mash & Onion Gravy’; ‘Beer-Battered Cornish Cod with Chips’ their own ‘Beefburgers with Blue Vinny’ plus more elaborate à la carte listings, which also form the evening menu.
A winter menu brought ‘Coconut-Coated Butterfly Prawns with Chili Dip & Mixed Leaves’; ‘Deep-Fried Whitebait’; ‘Dorset Paté with Toasted Ciabatta & Onion Marmalade’ and ‘Prawn Cocktail with Marie Rose Sauce’ among the starters.
‘Grilled Cod with Prawns with Butter & Dill’; ‘Hand-Carved Ham with Two Free-Range Eggs & Chips’; ‘Warm Chicken & Bacon Salad with Mixed Leaves & Garlic Croûtons & Balsamic Dressing’ and ‘Broccoli & Cheese Bake’ listed among the mains.
If you still have room, you might be tempted by the likes of ‘Sticky Toffee Pudding’ or ‘Blackcurrant & Almond Bakewell Tart’ or their selection of local cheeses.
- Food Style: Best Pubs for Food
- Lunch: Mon-Sun 12.00-14.30 (Sun 15.00); mains about £9 to £13
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.00-21.00; mains about £9 to £13
- Wine: a well chosen list travels the world, kicking off at bout £17, and has a good choice by the glass.
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Gillingham Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: L Mon, D Sun; check Christmas openings
- Rooms available