Finding this former coaching inn in the centre of the village. It's been refurbished, but modern heavy furniture and the leather sofas combine well with old flagstones.
On the food front, you can eat in the bar, or more formal dining room. Lunch brings light bites, such as tapas, plus modern traditional Omelettes, Fish & Chips and the like.
This expands into a full à la carte menu during the evening, a summer version listing 'Plum Tomato, Mozzarella & Parma Ham'; 'Char-Grilled Fresh Tuna with a Rocket & Feta Salad & a Sweet Chili Reduction' and 'Warm Chicken Liver Parfait with Toasted Rustic Bread' among the starters.
'Roast Monkfish Wrapped in Parma Ham & Sage with Saffron'; 'Homemade Parmesan & Ricotta Ravioli with Sautéed Vegetables & Sage & Onion Broth' and 'Char-Grilled Marinated Lamb Chump with Red Wine & Rosemary Rosti Potatoes' listed among the mains.
Desserts include various Ice Creams, Waffles with Chocolate Sauce, Ginger Sponge and the like.
- Food Style: Best Pubs for Food
- Lunch: all week 12.00-15.00; set L £9.95 (2 courses), £12.95 (3 courses); mains from £8.50
- Dinner: all week 18.00-21.00; mains £10.95 to £15.25
- Wine: a concise list has modest mark-ups
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Public car park to the rear
- Rooms available