Originally built as two Georgian houses, this smart restaurant/boutique hotel offers elegant riverside dining, especially in warmer weather, when their balcony comes into use.
The kitchen has built up an excellent list of suppliers for the dishes on his modern-style menus.
A summer snapshot of the menu included 'Tartare of Organic Salmon with Ginger & Sesame Crust with Passion Fruit Vinaigrette'; 'Red Mullet Broth with Shredded Squid, Seared Scallop & Basil Purée'; 'Home-Cured Duck with Foie Gras, Pressed Duck Confit, Elderflower Jelly & Pickled Cherries' and 'Roast Quail with Buttered Cabbage, Cured Ham & Potato Terrine with Bacon & Hazelnut Dressing' among the starters.
'Label Anglais Chicken with Buttered Girolles, Potato Gnocchi, Summer Truffle and Chicken & Sweetcorn Broth'; 'Salt Marsh Mutton with Asparagus, Crisp Lamb Breast, with Courgette & Herb Purée'; 'Scottish Halibut with Parsnip Rémoulade, Walnuts, Black Trompettes, Lemon Purée & Roast Chicken Sauce' listed among the mains.
Desserts are a high-point with perhaps 'Valrhona Chocolate Mousse with Vanilla Rice Pudding & Pink Grapefruit Sorbet'; 'Strawberry Parfait with Slow-Roasted Strawberries, Mascarpone & Pistachio Ice Cream' and 'Lemon Meringue with Poached Blackberries & Blackcurrant Sorbet' on offer. While those with a more savoury tooth are offered a selection of British & French Cheeses from Teddington Cheese (q.v.).
Service is both efficient and friendly.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.30; set L £19 (2 courses), £21 (3 courses); mains £14 to £28; set L Sun £38 (3 courses)
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 19.00-22.00; set D £37 (2 courses), £45 (3 courses), Tasting Menu £50 (5 courses); mains £14 to £28
- Seats: 38, plus 20 outside
- Wine: a well-chosen list travels the world, kicking off in the mid £20's
- Children's portions: Children's Menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Richmond upon Thames Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Closed: D Sun
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating
- Rooms available